For Conroe District Health Services Follow the link: https://www.conroeisd.net/department/health-services/
Incoming 7th grade information
ATTENTION PARENTS OF STUDENTS ENTERING 7th GRADE (2022-23) IMMUNIZATION INFORMATION: PDF Letter
- All students must be in compliance with Texas State immunization laws by the first day of school.
- Stockton Jr. High will not issue a class schedule unless the student’s immunization record has been updated.
- Two immunizations are required BEFORE entry to 7th grade: Tdap (Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis) and MCV4 (Meningococcal), or a current, notarized, original exemption affidavit. *** Online application for an immunization exemption may be made at: https://co-request.dshs.texas.gov/
- There are TWO REQUIRED immunizations for incoming 7th graders (2022-23):
1. Tdap-(Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis) 1 dose of Tdap is required if 5 or more years have passed since the last dose of tetanus-containing vaccine. (Td is acceptable in place of Tdap if there is a medical contraindication to pertussis).
2. Meningococcal (MCV4, MenACWY, Menveo, or Menactra) 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine is required on or after the student’s 11th birthday.
(NOTE: If a student received the vaccine at 10 years of age, this satisfies the requirement).
PLEASE NOTE: Many students have already received one or both of these immunizations, but the school may not have a record. Please turn in any updated records to your 6th grade nurse. Beginning June 1, please scan or send a legible picture by email to Brandi Sandefer, RN (936) 709-4515, email: email@example.com, or drop off in the front office at Stockton.
- ALL prescription medication must be brought to the clinic by a parent or guardian. Students transporting medications will be subject to disciplinary action.
- All medications must be current, in original container, and have a signed permission form. Inhalers to be self-carried require a physician’s note stating the student is allowed to carry the medication and have an action plan on file.
Please do not email, fax, or drop off physicals for the Nurse. Physicals are kept on file in Athletics.
As always, please contact me if I can help you in any way!
Brandi Sandefer, RN (936) 709-4515, email: firstname.lastname@example.org